Using QGIS Processing#
For the list of algorithms, read the Processing section.
Since QGIS 3.4, QuickOSM is available in the Processing modeler.
Here some useful algorithms in an appropriate order:
- QuickOSM → Advanced, one of the Build query algorithms.
- File Tools → Download file, by using the
Encoded URLas a input parameter from the previous algorithm.
- To process the OSM file :
- Either Modeler Tools → String concatenation. Useful to concatenate the downloaded filepath with
- Or QuickOSM → Open OSM file. Instead of the step above with the string concatenation.
- Then it's up to you to combine other QGIS algorithms.
Check a more detailed answer on stackexchange :
- Vector Table → Explode HStore field (QGIS ≥ 3.6)
- Vector Table → Feature filter
Since QGIS 3.6, you can export your Processing model as a Python script. You can also call these algorithms individually from the QGIS Python Processing framework.
As an example, you can download this model and load it in your QGIS. Additionally, you can download example QGIS style files for OSM from here. The model will download and style OSM data from an extent and packages it in one Geopackage.